Deb’s Professional Bio
During her 17-year stint as a syndicated newspaper columnist, Deb DiSandro discovered the problem with conventional wisdom when it comes to succeeding in business and in life. She observed in her own endeavors, and with her clients, how focusing on excellence and avoiding failure, increased the stress and beliefs that blocked innovation and success. Research and science confirmed her theories. The focus on winning at all costs, makes goals and dreams even harder to achieve!
Deb created her own innovative concepts to help people break through these barriers by using creativity, courage and humor. She found that it not only worked, but using these simple tools helped people to achieve their new-found success with more fun and less stress! Her mission and passion is to share her Slightly Off-On Purpose principals far and wide.
In her humor column, she defied conventional parenting wisdom and helped parents to deal with daily challenges in a more realistic and fun way. This lead to her book, Tales of a Slightly Off Supermom: Fighting for Truth, Justice and Clean Underwear.
But she didn’t stop there! As a business speaker presenting for healthcare, education, and women’s events, Deb shared her Slightly Off-On Purpose concepts with clients, readers and audience members across the country and has inspired and empowered thousands and thousands of people to achieve their goals and dreams.
Deb is also the leading expert in the field of Purseology™ and utilizes the power of the purse to entertain and educate women. She created and produced two shows, performed in the Chicago area: In Purse-Suit of Superwoman and PG Parental Guide Suggested. She has been interviewed on many radio and television stations and was a spokesperson for Hillshire Farm.
Her coaching and training programs have helped many individuals achieve authorship, along with other personal and professional goals. Other achievements include:
- President and CEO of Slightly Off-On Purpose 1988-Present
- Weekly Humor Columnist for 17 years in various newspapers including the Chicagoland Daily Herald
- Media guest on many radio and television stations, including Fox-TV Chicago, and NBC Chicago
- Humor instructor at various conferences throughout the country, including the famed, Erma Bombeck Writer’s Conference and National Society of Newspaper Columnists
- Emotional Intelligence and Stress Management training
- National Trainer for Fred Pryor and Career Track from 2011- 2013
- Member of the Year Award, National Speaker’s Association, IL 2007
- Member of the Year Award, Leads Club International, IL
- Author of Tales of a Slightly Off Supermom: Fighting for Truth, Justice and Clean Underwear
- Published articles in Writer’s Digest Magazine, Daily Herald, Woman’s Day, Better Homes and Gardens.
- Member of the National Speakers Association
- Director of Speaker University for the National Speakers Association of Illinois 2006-2007
- BA Communications, Columbia College 1983